[hcflinux] kppp

Cameron Hart cam at bitshifter.net.nz
Wed Jul 24 11:36:28 EDT 2002

 >> I tried wvdial to see if it would work better for me than kppp. It
 >> did dectect /dev/ttySHCF0 which kppp never manages to do. However
 >> wvdial hasn't fixed the problem with my connection dying
 >> regularily. wvdial is a nice little tool though, very easy to use.
 >
 > Your connexion dies before, or after having reached your ISP portal?
 > If it is before, it may be due to something wrong in your
 > configuration files. wvdial needs a "resolv.conf" file storing IP
 > addresses. If you don't have this file, it fails to resolve
 > connecting dialog, and kills the ppp daemon.

it dies after using both wvdial and kppp. i can use the internet for
anything from 1 minute to 1 hour but at some point pppd dies. i can only
presume that it is a problem with hcipcimodem itself as pppd is fine
with my external modem. but hey it's still beta software! i guess my
point it that wvdial doesn't improve things for me.

cam.