[hcflinux] hcflinux

Moises Cerezo Huitron mcerezo at geoline.net
Tue Jul 30 23:52:46 EDT 2002

Hi, im trying this HCF driver for my modem. I have a Dell Dimension 4500 and its the first time ever i use linux, but i choose SUSE because it was the first one i saw. any way maybe this is too easy, butnot for me.......

im sending you this file couse it asked me to do so, so here i am...

Conexant Systems neither distributes nor maintains this package.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT CONEXANT REGARDING THIS SOFTWARE!!!

If you require assistance or need more information, go to:

http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv

Should we attempt to automatically configure your hardware? [yes] yes

Selected PCI VendorID=14F1 DeviceID=1033

and INF file /etc/hcfpci/inf/hcfv90_linux.inf

Automatically guessed country (using timezone): "MEXICO"

Configuring modem for country: "MEXICO"

You can change this setting later with the command "hcfpciconfig --country"

HCF drivers have not been fully tested on SMP kernels.

Please report results to <hcflinux-bugs at mbsi.ca>

This package does not contain pre-built modules suitable for your system:

Kernel arch: i686-SMP

Kernel version: linux-2.4.18-64GB-SMP

Trying to automatically re-compile the modules..

(this requires a C compiler and proper kernel sources to be installed)

ERROR: /lib/modules/2.4.18-64GB-SMP/build points to a missing directory

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Jul 28 15:53 /lib/modules/2.4.18-64GB-SMP/build -> /usr/src/linux-2.4.18.SuSE

Please ensure that the kernel-source RPM package is properly installed.