[hcflinux] Newbie Question...

diji at earthlink.net diji at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 30 13:18:06 EDT 2002

Its got to have some kind of simple answer... but I will ask because the
answer escapes me at the moment.

I got the HCF driver downloaded, installed and working.

Yay... half the battle won.

Here's the problem.  I am running SuSE 8.0 with the 2.4.18 kernel, using
KDE and KInternet as my dialup (which sets up through YAST2).  Anyway, I
can dial out and get connected, and then about 5 minutes later, no matter
what, it drops connect on me.  I looked at the log and it says that the
modem recieved the HANGUP signal... but from where?   I sure has heck
didn't tell it to disconnect.

Is this a setting I am missing, a miscommunication, or some permission I
didn't assign.

At least Linux is a little easier this time than 4 years ago....

I would be very appreciative for any help you guys can give.

Thanks

Diji