[hcflinux] Preemptible kernel with HSF driver

Steve Kieu haiquy at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 11:10:59 EDT 2002

Hi there,

With new version HSF not compiled for me. The error
message is

make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
* Compiling mod_osspec.c
In file included from mod_osspec.c:51:
../modules/osspec/include/oscompat.h:121: #error
Preemptible kernel option (CONF
IG_PREEMPT) not yet supported. Reconfigure your kernel
without it.
make: *** [mod_osspec.o] Error 1

It means that I must removed preemptible in the kernel
if I want to use hsf or it is a mistake ?

And how about HCF driver, last time I got problem with
hcf and riptide with preemptible kernel too (compiled
ok but can not use the modem) Sorry this time I have
not trsted yet but seeing the error today make me
think that probably it is the effect of preemptible
kernel?

HCF and RIPTIDE don't complain about preemptible
kernel not sure if it affects the functioning of the
driver.

Thanks for your time

Kind regard

=====
Steve Kieu

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Now send & receive IMs on your mobile via SMS