[hcflinux] My AOpen FM56-P HCF PCI modem does not go off-hook

M. Parsons mparsons at fastmail.ca
Mon Sep 16 09:07:53 EDT 2002

Hi,

I dont know if this is coinicidence, but I just installed the same modem (Aopen FM56-P) just yesterday and I got it working fine in Linux.

I am using slackware 8.1, with 2.4.19 kernel.  I d/led the hcf source and compiled it from that and it worked fine.

Mind you, I have not tried kppp, as I use wvdial to dial my isp.

You may want to try minicom just to see if the modem will respond to AT commands also.

Hope this helps.

Mark