[hcflinux] Acer Modem 56 Surf PCI

Mario Ohnewald mario.ohnewald at gmx.de
Tue Sep 24 16:44:44 EDT 2002

Hello!
I have this modem installed and with the hsf driver the modem can dial just
fine.
But i want to dial into the linux box, if i call the linzux box with the
Acer Modem it does not even write the dial in attempts into
/var/log/messages

Could the problem be the driver? If the driver is somehow not loaded that
linux wont even see the incoming call on the /dev/modem device.
Any Tips are welcome!

I am running SuSE7.3, standard Kernel
lspci: Communication controller: CONEXANT: Unknown device 2f00 (rev 01)

Cheers, Mario

P.s. I hope i gave you enough info about it