[hcflinux] Kernel oops while installing latest hcf modules

Bryan Hundven bryanhundven at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 03:41:28 EDT 2002

No,
I got this as well, and I'm using gcc-2.95.3.
I am using a linux from scatch, so I know everything on my dist is
standard.
Not just do I get the same exact error, but
when I add the loglastcallstatus=1 to the hcfpciserial
options in 'modules.conf' it pukes and says that
'that option is invalid'.
I checked the /proc/driver/ directory and can't locate the hcf sub
directory (that is when I take loglastcallstatus out of modules.conf
and actually load the modules)
I also have a redhat 7.3 distribution installed (what I built lfs on).
It doesn't get that error (using gcc-2.96-112.i386.rpm), but I still
can't use the loglastcallstatus in options, also don't see it in /proc.
(both of which are using version 0.98mbsibeta02090200)

I would have attached the dumpdiag files, but i was unable (keep
getting disconnected). I hate yahoo mail!!!

At anyrate. I would send the files, but if your interested in getting
more info - E-mail me and I will send you the dumps.

I am able to connect to the internet using my redhat distro, but not on
lfs...

cheers.

Bryan Hundven
   .-.
   /v\    L   I   N   U   X
  // \\  >Phear the Penguin<
 /(   )\
  ^^-^^

(btw... don't mind the silly add that follows)