[hcflinux] dialer problems

Luke Plant lukeplant at softhome.net
Thu Oct 3 20:33:14 EDT 2002

Hi,

I know that various dialers don't work with HCF modems, while wvidal
does (as it does for me).  But does anyone know why this is?  The reason
is I would like to get a program called PengAOL to work for my modem (to
cash in on my parents AOL connection).  Other users have reported
exactly the same problem I have - it doesn't work with HCF modems, but
hangs up just before trying to connect to the network.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Does anyone know what is
different about the way wvidal is written that makes it work? If so I
could look at the code for wvdial and attempt to use the same method in
PengAOL.

Thanks,

Luke

--
"Agony: Not all pain is gain." (despair.com)

Luke Plant - L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
tel: 01535 273772, mob: 07961 038308