[hcflinux] hcfpcimodem driver & Mdk 9.0 (it works)

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 21:36:23 EDT 2002

Greetings,
I couldn't get the Mdk binary rpm for the 2.4.18-8.1 kernel to install on my
new Mdk 9.0 setup (2.4.19 kernel), which seems to be an expected result.

I then tried the generic hcfpcimodem binary rpm (as was suggested in the
output of my failed previous install), and it compiled and installed and is
working very good so far, with the only little glitch being that I have no
modem sounds. That's no biggie, and I am sure when the binary for the 2.4.19
kernel becomes available, sound will be back on ;-)

All the best.

--Angus

"LET US NOT LOOK BACK IN ANGER OR FORWARD IN FEAR, BUT AROUND IN
AWARENESS."----James Thurber