[hcflinux] Re: Modem dials, dialtone stays

Amit Mohan a-mohan at gmx.net
Thu Oct 31 20:58:50 EST 2002

I've been struggling for a while to get my Conexant HCF to work on my Linux
box. I've tried the hcf drivers on SuSE 7.2. I'm currently running Mandrake
8.0 with kernel 2.4.18-6mdk.

The modem problem is identical to D. Mehra's. The drivers install fine. The
modem dials out, the dialtone persists even after dialing is complete. I've
tried disabling dialtone detection. Incidently, like D. Mehra, my country
name is set to "INDIA" (ie. I'm in India too). Could this be a problem with
the country-specific settings? Is there a workaround? Really need the help.
Thanks.

- Amit