[hcflinux] Need some info

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 15 09:09:40 EST 2002

Hi Tom, I use Mandrake 9.0 and not SuSE, but I think you should be able to
use the the pre-compiled rpm found here:
http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/hcf/downloads-suse-x86.html
With that rpm, you would not be required to have any development packages or
the kernel source installed on your system. Of course I believe it is a good
idea to have the development stuff installed. I don't know how SuSE has
things structured, so I have no idea as to how you go about installing the
devel packages. They should be listed as such though, somewhere, I would
think.

I installed all development packages on my Mandrake 9.0 when I did the
initial installation. I think it is much easier that way. :-)

Good luck to you Tom!

--Angus

"LET US NOT LOOK BACK IN ANGER OR FORWARD IN FEAR, BUT AROUND IN
AWARENESS."----James Thurber

+++Reg.Linux User#278931+++