[hcflinux] Aztech 127A/1005 Connection with further

Martin Hughes martin.hughes at mrch.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 25 21:53:12 EST 2002

I am using an Aztech MDP3858SP-W (AZT 4015) which is similar.

I have successfully installed it via tarball on linux Mandrake 7.1/7.2 and via generic rpm under Linux Mandrake 8.0/8.1/8.2. DO NOT USE THE MANDRAKE SPECIFIC RPM. The Generic one does just as well(if not better)and recompiles the kernel modules as part of the installation. I use kppp to connect and my init string is: AT&FW2S11=50 . This gives fast dialup and displays the actual connection speed correctly.

** NEW** Also set flow control to CTS/RTS and terminator as CR **END NEW**

Hope this helps.

Regards
Martin Hughes