[hcflinux] Hello all

dguihal at free.fr dguihal at free.fr
Thu Dec 5 09:02:41 EST 2002

I've just subscribed to this list, because I have a problem and I whish to get
more informations about it.

I've bought an Olitec ADSL/v92 Combo PCI card. When I saw that there was some
Conexant chips solded on it (in fact all chips are from Conexant), I went to
your site and downloaded all possible drivers (HCF, HSF, Riptide, scanModem).
When ran the scanModem utility under the root account on my Mandrake 9.0 linux
box, it said that I had an HCF modem which Ids are 14F1:1621 (which is the v92
part). So I wanted to install the file hcfpcimodem-
0.98mbsibeta02110300/hcfpcimodem-0.98mbsibeta02110300k2.4.19_16mdk-
1mdk.i586.rpm. During installation it responds me that it doesn't recongize
successfully the modem and ask me configure it manually, but I've tried using
the four .inf files with no success.

Has anyone ever heard about this modem or can help me.

If some changes are to be applied to the driver, I have some skills in driver
programming, so it doesn't fear me, and perhaps should I can help the project.

Thank you

Damien GUIHAL
Nantes France