[hcflinux] HCF Modem and Hylafax

S.M.Skiba sidskiba at telus.net
Sun Jan 12 20:09:51 EST 2003

Hi all. I have an AOpen FM56-PM Fax Modem. I have installed via RPM the latest drivers from http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/index.html

This modem uses the Rockwell RH56D Single Chip Controller. Driver seems to work OK but I cannot get it to work right with Hylafax.

I am not sure if it is the driver or the Hylafax SW or the config.modem file. I see the latest driver was for a minor fix for Hylafax. Can anyone here comment on if they got Hylafax working with such a modem and perhaps what their config file looks like. I keep getting Failure to Train Remote errors. Then the fax fails. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Links to modem info are:

http://www.aopen.com/products/modem/fm56pm.htm

http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Reviews/Modems/fm56pm.htm