[hcflinux] no ring detection

John Drewery john at sprogs.net
Wed Jan 22 23:16:54 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a Creative DI5633 with the Broadxent chipset.  This is reported
as Conextant 1451:1059  sub 1059148D.

I am running RH 7.3, kernel 2.4.18-18.7.x.  I compiled the drivers from
hcfpcimodem-0.99mbsibeta02123100-1.src.rpm using rpm --rebuild.
 Installation was successful and the hcfpcisetup  program recompiled and
installed the module correctly.  On using minicom, the modem is found
and initialized with

AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0

I can dial out; also when the modem is dialed, 'ATA" causes it to pick
up and attempt to negotiate a connection.

My problem is that there is no RING or CALLERID report from the modem.
 I have no idea why this is.  Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

John Drewery