[hcflinux] Progeny Debian and Rockwell PCI 56K modem

Richard Schreiber justsolutions at lycos.com
Sun Jan 26 18:54:26 EST 2003

Long time computer user- first time Linux user.

I am running Progeny Debian.  I am trying to install a Rockwell PCI 56k modem.  When I run the "make isntall" command all goes well until an error that says sessentially it cannot find the KERNALSRC reference.

I do not have /usr/src/linux . . . on my machine- I have /usr/src/redhat but nothing in this directory looks like where I want to point . . .

Two questions:

1.  How dor I find where the KERNALSRC files are located that I want to point to;

2.  What is the syntax of the line I want to install in the common.mak file and where in the file does the line go?

Rick