[hcflinux] i686 version?

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:15:45 EST 2003

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Margareta Wikholm" <annamar at tiscali.no>

When i use method B and rebuild hcfpcimodem-0.99mbsibeta02123100-1.src.rpm I
get a
hcfpcimodem-0-99mbsibeta02123100-1.i386.rpm file.

How can i get an rpm file for i686?
I am running Redhat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.20.

Hi Margareta, I think you should have a file on your system that dictates
that parameter. On my Mandrake Linux 9.0 (2.4.19-16 kernel),  there is a
file, ~/.rpmrc that contains the following:

buildarchtranslate: i386: i586
buildarchtranslate: i486: i586
buildarchtranslate: i586: i586
buildarchtranslate: i686: i586

You would want to edit that to .i686 in the right column. You could try a
"slocate .rpmrc" in a terminal if the file isn't found in your ~/ directory.
I know that you are using Red Hat, but Mandrake is very similar.

HTH a little.
Best regards. :-)

--Angus

"We are all One, One Energy, from One Light. Let us band together as Humans,
with love for all humanity, living each day in harmony with Mother Earth,
our Sacred Garden."--Anon.

++++Reg.Linux User#278931++++