[hcflinux] my modem

stc USA stcusa at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 08:26:16 EST 2003

> Hi,
> I am trying to use my modem in linux OS.
> I download the generic version of Conexant SoftK56
> PCI
> Modem driver for linux. I completed step #1 below:

I got this guide from
http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/hcf/install.html
 website but step 2 is not working in my Redhat linux
8.0. it is saying there is no such a command
(hcfpciconfig). I tried ./hcfpciconfig but still is
not working. What should I do?
 Thanks

STC

METHOD A: BINARY RPM PACKAGE (*.{arch}.rpm)

If you have obtained the driver package in RPM format:

1. install the rpm with "rpm -i
hcfpcimodem-{version}.{arch}.rpm"
("rpm -i hcfusbmodem-{version}.{arch}.rpm" for the USB
version)

2. optionally re-run "hcfpciconfig" ("hcfusbconfig"
for the USB version)
to complete the installation (if necessary) or to
change your modem's
configuration.