[hcflinux] Modem Won't Initilize...

tom tomshortall at eircom.net
Tue Mar 11 22:06:46 EST 2003

you sure that
a) that really is a hcf modem (lspci -v (or -vv))
   IIRC there is info on the mbsi site on how 2 find out for certain if
   your modem is of the hcf variety
b) that the drivers are correctly installed (try lsmod and see if it
   has lines about hcfpciserial, hcfpciengine hcfpciserial hcfpciosspec )

check the logs in /var/log/  for any informative error messages