[hcflinux] hcf dropping connections

Geoff Lane geoff at 3lanes.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 13:35:53 EST 2003

Linux Mandrake V9

I am relatively new to Linux and recently loaded the
hcfpcimodem-0.98mbsibeta02110300k2.4.19_16mdk-1mdk.i586.rpm driver.

Worked faultlessly and appeared faster than the same modem under Windows98.

I had to reload Linux after a disk geometry problem and loaded the later
hcfpcimodem-0.99mbsibeta02123100k2.4.19_16mdk-1mdk.i586.rpm driver.

This ** may ** have been coincidental but after loading I was continuously
getting dropped lines after a few minutes.

It would connect, start to download data then stop - then I'd get the message
that the connection had dropped.

I tried three different ISPs and all the same.

Uninstalled the later driver and reloaded the earlier 0.98 version and all is
now fine again.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Geoff Lane