[hcflinux] Speakerphone with Conexant 06834-11

Todd Chisholm todd at oddjob.utias.utoronto.ca
Tue Apr 8 16:44:33 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've recently bought an AOpen FM56-PX, with the intent to use it
exclusively as a speaker phone.  The installation of the hcf driver went
well and it automatically detected the modem properly.  I can
communicate to the modem via minicom.

However, when trying to use the speakerphone, if I'm lucky I get a split
second of dial tone, then nothing.  I've tried it with
microphone/speaker attached to external plugs, and with a sound card
connected to the TAD.  This is after sending the following commands:

at+fclass=8
at+vsp=1
at+vdx=1
atd

On the screen, I get a series of 'd.' indicating dial tone, I guess.  I
can dial, too using atd<number>, but I can't hear anything.  I've tried
just about every at+vls=X as well.  No joy.

I realize that this may or may not be off topic, but an insight anyone
could offer would be great!

Thanks,
Todd