[hcflinux] Formation of Linuxant to maintain Conexant modem drivers for Linux

Martin Hughes martin.hughes at mrch.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 21:37:28 EDT 2003

Marc,

Congratulations on being able to form your new company, Linuxant, and many thanks for the work that you have done on the HCF Modem drivers.

I now use two different Conexant chipped HCF modems and, using the generic rpm or tarball, I can make them work properly under Linux Mandrake 7.1-9.0 (9.1 does not work on my hardware).

Without your work, I would have been forced to stick with the "unenlightened received wisdom" than soft modems cannot be used under Linux.

Many Thanks and Good Luck with the new venture.
Martin Hughes

---