[hcflinux] problem with new hcf driver

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:12:32 EDT 2003

Greetings, I just upgraded to mdk 9.1 from 9.0. I had been using the
0.99mbsibeta02123100-1.i586.rpm (compiled from source), and it seemed to be
working great. However, when the latest 0.99lnxtbeta03041600-1.src.rpm
package became available, I immediately got it compiled and installed on my
system.
Now, I am having a serious problem occasionally where the modem dials up and
handshakes for a very long time, and never does connect. It will not release
the modem either, even if I log out of X and back in. I have to reboot my
machine to have the modem release!

Anyone else experience this? Any possible solutions?
I am going to try the pre-compiled version of the new driver, and if that
does the same, I will go back to the old version I began with.

TIA for any feedback on this inquiry.

Best regards to all.

--Angus

"We are all One, One Energy, from One Light. Let us band together as Humans,
with love for all humanity, living each day in harmony with Mother Earth,
our Sacred Garden."--Anon.

++++Reg.Linux User#278931++++