[hcflinux] can't find /dev/ttySHCF0 after installation with MDK9.0

Jean-Simon Durand jsimon at linuxant.com
Mon Apr 21 21:02:34 EDT 2003

Hi Luca,

On devfs enabled systems like Mandrake 9.0, the devices only appear when the
modules are loaded by the kernel.

According to the output of -dumpdiag that you pasted, it seems that the
driver has problems initializing the datapump. Please run the following
commands and attach the output:

lspci -n
lspci -vvv

This will tell us what kind of modem you have exactly.

Thank you,

Jean-Simon