[hcflinux] about appache modem and drivers

Roman Shiryaev mih_val at mail.ru
Sun Apr 27 16:01:14 EDT 2003

> I have done everything you said,I'm sending you the
> results,please tell me why doesn't my modem respond
>
> I installed hcfpci driver by for my appache modem(vendor:141A
> device:1035 , subvendor:141A subdevice:1035) and configured
> like this:
>
> [root at localhost root]# hcfpciconfig
> Linux HCF controllerless modem drivers, version
> 0.99lnxtbeta03041600

Try to install the latest hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042501
just in case

<skipped>

> when I open kppp and query the modem,it doesn't respond
> I can see "ttySHCF0" in "/dev" but not in kppp window,what
> does this mean?
You had to create a symlink. Type the
ln -s /dev/ttySHCF0 /dev/modem

And then look for the 'dev/modem" in kppp

> When I write /dev/ttySHCF0 in the konsole terminal it says
> "permission denied"

Check the following
[rmn at blackhole rmn]$ ls -l /dev/modem /dev/ttySHCF0
lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root            8 Апр 27 14:35
/dev/modem -> ttySHCF0
crw-rw----    1 rmn      tty      240,  64 Апр 27 14:44
/dev/ttySHCF0

--