[hcflinux] Making my own Country code

Roadknight Mobility Labs armadilo at gothpunk.com
Tue May 6 10:04:40 EDT 2003

If I have the T.35 code for a country(Laos), how can I go about making
my own Country Code for
my Diamond Supra that uses the hcfpci driver?
We're running Debian 'sid' with a 2.4.20 kernel.
The modem works great here in the US, but the system it's in will soon
be going to Laos, which does
not appear to be covered in the current Country Code set.
I have a T.35 code of 0x63 and the following other data:

Call progress tone: 450HZ, 1sec On 4sec off
Call setup standard: 450HZ steady on (continous)
Laotel supportsH’323 Protocol
Busy tone: 450HZ, 1sec on and 4 sec off
Congestion tone: 450HZ 0.7 sec ON and 0.7 OFF
Ringing Tone: 450HZ, 1 sec ON and 4sec OFF

What else do I need and how do I take this and convert it into a
Country Code entry in the hcfpci driver source?

I'm working with a project(http://www.jhai.org/jhai_remoteIT.html) to
bring networking and telephony to rural villages
in Laos. Our system consists of remote client PCs connected via 802.11B
wireless network to a server with a modem that
makes a demand-dial PPP connection to a local ISP to provide the
network/VOIP connectivity.
One of the final missing pieces is getting the modem to work on the
local phone system over there.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
----Steve