[hcflinux] modem "busy"

George Bell gbell5 at cox.net
Tue May 6 21:26:29 EDT 2003

patrick reen wrote:

> Tried using email address lposted on web site but could never get mail
> sent  - hope this address is appropriate.      My problem - downloaded
> and installed correct driver [thank you]  configured hcf modem ok. Now
> when I try to connect through kppp I get "modem is busy" message. In
> kppp under device menu I see dev/modem and dev/ttySHCFO as well

As far as  I know, this means that some process has already locked the
modem.  This could possibly happen if for some reason some kde
application decided to reserve or use the modem.    I would suggest
testing out the modem without kde at all, with some command line modem
utility(see modem how-to) or easiest of all - minicom.