[hcflinux] network configuration settings

patrick reen patrickfreen at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 22:23:48 EDT 2003

I have Redhat8 - installed proper driver- configured it - file " ln -s
/dev/ttySHCFO  /dev/modem" exists - still can't get connected      Question
- 1] should "flow control be set at  a]hardware [crtscts]  b] software
[xon/xoff]  or c] none ?
                                                  2] should modem device be
set at tty/SO   or should I type in dev/modem  or dev/ttySHCFO  ?
                                                   In "devices" under
advanced should dial mode be on manual or auto
             After I "activate" in network configuration screen, I start up
Mozilla and after it loads it immediately says  "could not connect to
mozilla.org [ or any other site ] Send help - man with straight jacket is
chasing me!