[hcflinux] suggestions

Jean-Simon Durand jsimon at linuxant.com
Wed May 14 16:39:55 EDT 2003

Hi,

I would like to point out that you should not use setserial to configure a
software modem.

This is an excerp from the HCF drivers FAQ:

---
Changing serial port parameters with "setserial" on ttySHCF0 or /dev/modem
doesn't work.

Since this modem driver provides a virtual serial interface, which is not
directly connected to a physical UART like a normal serial port, it is not
possible and would not make sense to configure it with "setserial".
Therefore you shouldn't use this command on the ports associated with this
driver. The irq and other parameters shown by "setserial" are bogus values
which have no meaning.
---

Regards,

Jean-Simon