[hcflinux] modem not connecting

patrick reen patrickfreen at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 22:10:04 EDT 2003

Still no luck - modem is not isted in hardware browser - In minicom default
serial port is set at S1 - should I change that and if so to what? - In
hcfpciconfig modem is seen as 14F1   1036      and finds driver "your hcf
modem should now be accessible  as /dev/ttySHCF0 or through the symbolic
link /dev/modem - Up to here I think I'm ok - then instructions say "please
review the permissions...etc" - When I do this I don't know what I should
see in the terminal [?]  Then I go to Internet Conf Wiz [Gnome] and select
device type - modem and I get "no modem was found on your system"  even if I
get the network "activated"  it never connects. When I try mozilla I get
immediiate message site was not found    - I suspect driver installed ok but
computer is not seeing my modem - Don't know what to do.