[hcflinux] Modem dials - but doesn't connect

Daniel McKenzie sbmactaylor at xtra.co.nz
Mon May 19 20:47:55 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I am having problems. I am a Linux-newbie and I have installed Mandrake 9.1 on an old computer. It has Conexant modem and so I downloaded these drivers. Well, Linux recognises it, yet using KPPP it doesn't seem to connect. It dials to the ISP but it always says Busy. Listening to the tones and stuff I have found:
1) There is a constant dial tone from when it starts dialing to when it hangs up
2) It doesn't ring (I assume it is due to the above)

Any help would be greatful.

P.s. I have installed the very latest (i.e. downloaded in the last week) RPMs. They are the MDK9.1 version too

Thanks!

Daniel McKenzie