[hcflinux] Linux drivers,

Spencer Thomas evoluder at bellsouth.net
Mon May 19 22:52:30 EDT 2003

I have a small Dell machine that I have been fooling around with and I
installed Redhat 9 on it. It is fairly old and apparently has a software
modem. The string from /proc/pci states "Conexant HCF 56k
Data/Fax/Voice/Spkp Modem (rev 8)" which lead me to your site. I was kind of
hoping I could get vgetty to work with it (which would require FCLASS=8).
However, after attempting to install one of your drivers (first attempted a
kernel specific one, but I am using 2.4.20-13.9 which doesn't seem to be
support yet), version "0.99lnxtbeta03042700" of the "generic" drivers, the
best I can get from AT+FCLASS=? is "0,1,1.0". After digging through the
mailing list archive a little I found :

Wed Aug 21 2002 Marc Boucher <marc at mbsi.ca>
	* Integrated voice (AT+FCLASS=8) support.

(irrelevant lines ommitted)

I read on the "Limitations" page that the voice is very "preliminary," but I
can't seem to find any at all. Is this support not available for my modem?
What am I doing wrong? Could I help in some way to get voice working with
your driver(s)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Spencer