[hcflinux] Linux drivers,

Spencer Thomas spencer at catalystnet.com
Wed May 21 11:05:11 EDT 2003

I get the following :

ATI6
DP Part 74
DP Rev  BA
V90     SPX RAM Ver 16
V90     CTL RAM Ver 16
OK

So it looks like I have a good "datapump." I was also reading around in
the mgetty configuration file, and shouldn't you be able to override the
default init string (which you normally would have to change in the
source and recompile) by doing something like this :

mgetty.config

/dev/modem
   init-chat "" \d\d\d+++\d\d\dATZ OK ATS0=0 OK

(just a quick init string, I'm sure I would use a more appropriate one)
It didn't seem to work for me (maybe I need to use /dev/ttyS0?), seems
like that would solve part of the "wrong chipset detected" problem. I
only had about an hour or so to fool with it last night. Maybe tonight
or this weekend I will dig through the mgetty source and fix whatever
the rockwell problem is.

Spencer