[hcflinux] voice

Jean-Simon Durand jsimon at linuxant.com
Wed May 28 18:21:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

you are right, but it's important to verify which datapump the modem has.
You can do this by sending the "ATI6" command to your modem in a terminal
software.

Unfortunatly, with the Octopus modem architecture under Linux, voice
(FCLASS=8) is not supported with the datapump version 71. It is only
supported with the newer datapumps version 73 and 74. Also, version 74 only
has basic voice support and it lacks some features.

Regards,

Jean-Simon