[hcflinux] Help! Aopen FM56-PM modem will dial but won't connect

Jean-Simon Durand jsimon at linuxant.com
Wed May 28 18:21:15 EDT 2003

Hi,

you should try to dial your ISP with a terminal software like minicom and
see if it connects properly. If it works, then the problem is probably with
pppd, and not the modem driver. If it doesn't work, verify the output from
the command "dmesg" to see if there is any error message.

Regards,

Jean-Simon