[hcflinux] redhat9 modem problems

TolkaPark tolkapark at eircom.net
Thu Jun 26 05:24:36 EDT 2003

Have a amd k-2 computer, dual booting win 98 and redhat 9..version 2.4.20-8.

only the athlon drivers load, all others look for dependencies which are there and close.

After running the athlon version, I can find nothing under the lsmod command.

I can then run hsfconfig linmodem and this detects my modem, configures country and at the end I receive this message.

This package does not contain pre-built modules suitable for your system:

        Kernel arch: i586

        Kernel version: Linux-2.4.20-8

Please obtain the appropriate variant of this package for your system

or try the generic RPM or tar version.

[root at localhost root]#

help appreciated.