[hcflinux] Conexant HCF Modem Model MDP3880-W

Colleen cbeamer at interlynx.net
Thu Jul 31 00:25:15 EDT 2003

Hi,

I need a driver for this modem.  I am running Red Hat 9.0 with kernel
2.4.20-19-9.  Since there wasn't an rpm for this specific modem on the
Linuxant site, I used the generic rpm as suggested.  However, when I
tried installing it using rpm -ivh, I was told that I needed the kernel
source to be installed.  When I query the rpm database, it shows that I
have the kernel source installed.  I don't know if I'm doing something
wrong or if it's just the problem of not having the correct driver.  Any
help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Colleen