[hcflinux] Problems with a HSFi modem.

Emilio Escobar eescobar at ahora.net
Mon Aug 4 08:29:56 EDT 2003

Hi, I am on Red Hat 8.. I could install the driver with no problems whatsoever (the newest beta version). The problem I am encountering is that whenever I try to dial-up the internet (with no phone line plugged in) the computer froze. Is it because of the fact that it couldn't find a dial tone or is it because of a driver conflict? I tried unloading the ac97_codec and es1371 modules but still froze.

Any ideas?
Thanks
/*
  Emilio Escobar (skill at DALnet)
  eescobar at ahora.net
  - Great spirits have always encountered strong oppositions from mediocre minds. -
  - You know you're in trouble when the health inspector condemns your work coffee maker -
*/