[hcflinux] Problems with a HSFi modem.

Emilio Escobar eescobar at mail.ahora.net
Mon Aug 4 08:25:08 EDT 2003

Hi, I installed the newest beta version for the hsf driver, I am on Red Hat 8.0.. The driver installs with no problem and my modem responds the init string.  Okay, where I am right now I don't have a phone line so whenever I try to pretend I'm dialing up to the internet the computer freezes. I don't know if it's due to the fact that it finds no dial tone or it's a conflict with the driver.  I do have modules es1371 and ac97_codec loaded as well. I tried to connect after unloading those modules but still froze.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Emilio Escobar

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.ahora.net