[hcflinux] My modem problems

Alex alex.zvargulis at netspeed.com.au
Tue Aug 5 22:21:17 EDT 2003

I have a feeling my problem lies with the version of the kernel. My
kernel is "2.4.20-18.9" and my architecture is i686.

This is what I get when I run the listmodem.sh program:

=                  RESULT OF MODEM QUERY                    =

MODEM #1:
   PCI CONFIGURATION INFORMATION READ:
      Vendor Id         : 14F1
      Device Id         : 1034
      Revision Id       : 1
      Sub Vendor Id     : 144F
      Sub Device Id     : 1016

   DEDUCED INFORMATION:
      Vendor Name       : CONEXANT
      Device Name       : HCF P85 Data/Fax/Remote TAM
      Modem Type        : HCF
      Download Site     : http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/

Is there anyone that can assist me? I'm a relatively newbie with Red Hat
9 so it's all Geek to me. I've tried the generic packages without
success (but that could be due to inexperience with Linux).

If there is anyone who can provide me with some advice, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Alex