[hcflinux] symbolic link

George Bell gbell5 at cox.net
Tue Aug 26 09:45:06 EDT 2003

Can't you use device "modem" for the dialer?  (that's the usual way its done)
There should be "modem" in dev already.  to make it point to your modem,
use ln -s ttyS4 modem.  Furthermore, if you installed an hcf modem, the
device you'll need to link to will be /dev/SCHF0.  But the install program
for the hcf modem does this automatically.

On Monday 25 August 2003 09:21 pm, patrick reen wrote:
> MY redhat 8 os says found modem on ttyS4, but my dialer only has
> ttyS0,1,2,3 - What command [symbolic link ?] would I enter to allow my

That's wierd - it shouldn't just give you just those choice.  What dialer are
you using?  Have you tried wvidal or kppp?  ( Sorry, not that familiar with
redhat)

> dialer and modem to interact. I'm new to Linux so I would appreciate the
> exact command. Thanks

> Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection.

Aagh!!  MSN !?