[hcflinux] Re: [hsflinux] Two (more) questions...

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Wed Sep 10 17:37:23 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 08:57:45PM +0100, Thomas White wrote:
> Is the community@ email address (the one by which we claim free
> licences...) run by some automated system that requires the registered
> Store account email address to match the sending and eligible email
> address, or read by a real person?  I ask since my registered Store
> account doesn't match my @cam address.  Should I re-register with the
> matching address?

community at linuxant.com is entirely handled by humans.

Sending mail from another address should be ok as long as
we can be reasonably sure that it is coming from the same
person (i.e. not a forgery), and that the store account address
matches the eligible one.

> Does the licence permit only one installation, as Az suggests, or are we
> still able to upgrade our kernels?  I ask since I am likely to want to
> play with 2.6.x in the relatively near future.

Licenses are not kernel-specific, so you can install and upgrade
your kernels as often as you want.

Have fun,
Marc