FIXED [hcflinux] Re: problem with final release & Mdk 9.1?

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Wed Sep 17 19:31:41 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 06:38:20PM -0300, Angus Auld wrote:

> Marc, that did the trick! Thank you ever so much. :-)

You're welcome!

> Was there something specific about my machine that required an alteration
> be made in the driver? My system is pretty standard...Dell Dimension,
> Celeron processor. No fancy stuff here. My system is very stable...no weird
> things happening with it.

Your kppp seems to be sending an extra character after the dial command
(could just be a NL following the CR), which, when strictly interpreted,
would normally cause the dialing to stop, but to avoid spurious aborts the
driver is tolerant and silently ignores any input for 125ms when starting to
dial. This special workaround had been bypassed, but we put it back in
for you ;-)

> Will this necessitate a revised version of the driver be released, or do I
> have to guard this one very closely? I am transferring it to floppy right
> away, just in case. ;-)

The revised version (essentially identical to what I sent you) was released
yesterday and is already available from our website, so you can recycle
the floppy.

> Thank you once again Marc for taking the time to get this straightened out
> for me.

Cheers
Marc