[hcflinux] Re: problem with final release & Mdk 9.1?

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 07:44:27 EDT 2003

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Martin Hughes" <martin.hughes at mrch.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: RE: [hcflinux] Re: problem with final release & Mdk 9.1?

Marc, Angus,

The final release licensed driver will compile/install OK for me on 9.1 when
I use the tarball. This is now my standard route as I switch between
different flavours of Linux.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Martin Hughes
Thanks for the reply Martin. This issue has been cleared up in the latest
version re-release,
thanks to Marc and company. :-)
A slight timing issue was the cause. See:
http://www.linuxant.com/pipermail/hcflinux/2003q3/001046.html

I will keep your suggestion in mind however. I like to compile from src
also, but usually use the src rpm's to do that. I believe the tar pkg in
this case gives you the option of compiling an rpm pkg, and that is handy.
Checkinstall can do that too, but I haven't used it.

Best regards.

--Angus

"We are all One, One Energy, from One Light. Let us band together as Humans,
with love for all humanity, living each day in harmony with Mother Earth,
our Sacred Garden."--Anon.

++++Reg.Linux User#278931++++