[hcflinux] Newbie problem

Mike Tidball miketidball at callnetuk.com
Sun Sep 28 10:43:54 EDT 2003

Hi everyone.
I have a conexant hcf modem and have run the listmodem program and got
my kernal version.I then downloaded
hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.20_4GB_athlon-1suse.i586.rpm Which
appears to be the correct version for me.
I am running SuSE8.2 personal and when I click on the file I am asked if
I want to install the package with yast.I select yes and of it goes and
does what ever it does and then closes down with no errors.
When I go into yast and modems nothing has changed,it still says not
detected.
Do I have to do anything else like alter config files like I had to to
get my Nvidia card to work in 3D.
Mike Tidball