[hcflinux] caller id question

Joe Berry joe at topshot.com
Fri Oct 24 02:09:35 EDT 2003

I've perused the list archives and saw that other people have asked
the same question but, unfortunately, no one responded.  Hopefully
this problem is easy to resolve.

Computer is a Linux RedHat 9.0 system. Hardware is a Modem Blaster
V.92 PCI card.  I installed the driver without any problems. I can
talk to the modem via minicom.  I set +VCID=1 and tried calling my
phone.  I get the RING message but no caller id info. I tried setting
+FCLASS=8 but got ERROR.  Curiously, I tried +FCLASS=? and +FCLASS?
and both gave me an ERROR. I'm not even sure if I need to set this
field.  But at any rate, what incantation is necessary to see caller
id information?

Thanks,
Joe
--