[hcflinux] Cannot find /etc/hcfpci directory

Ajay Rao ajayrao at myrealbox.com
Wed Nov 12 12:18:06 EST 2003

Hello all,

I have SUSE 8.2 installed with the special athlon kernel and a modem with
the Conexant HCF chipset. I downloaded and installed the appropriate HCF
driver (for suse athlon) from linuxant.com. When I try to dial out the
modem responds ok to the init strings but when the ATDT string (specifying
the number to be dialed) is sent, all I hear is a dialtone and no numbers
being dialed. After a while the message "No Carrier" is displayed and the
dialer tries to ring again (re-sends ATDT) with no success.

I read on previous posts that changing the FLAGS and RELAY settings in the
current.cty and config.cty files (located in /etc/hcfpci) to the Windows
INF settings for the modem has solved this problem for other users.
However, I am unable to find the /etc/hcfpci directory. All I can find is
/etc/hcfpcimodem and this directory doesn't contain the specified files.

Can anyone help me locate these files? Thanks,

Ajay