[hcflinux] (no subject)

Isaac King Isaac at wizkidsgames.com
Mon Dec 22 19:23:16 EST 2003

I am running a HylaFax system, (version 4.1.7-1rh8), on RedHat 9,
(kernel version 2.4.20-24.9), with four Creative ModemBlaster V.92 PCI
cards using the Linuxant generic package with source,
(hcfpcimodem-1.00lnxt03112100full-1.i386.rpm.zip).  Setup, installation,
and configuration all went seamlessly.

At present I have 3 of the four modems added into HylaFax and receiving
faxes.  I am not doing outbound yet.  Occasionally I will get errors
back from HylaFax that the "modem on /dev/ttySHCF0 appears wedged".
Once I get this error, the modem that is producing the error will not
work again until I reboot the server.  I receive this on two of the
three modems.  Both of the modems affected are servicing medium to high
volume fax lines, the third modem is servicing a very low volume fax
line and so far has not produced this error.

Here is the full body text of the error notification e-mail I get from
HylaFax:

Begin Notification/

The HylaFAX software thinks that there is a problem with the modem on
device /dev/ttySHCF0 that needs attention; repeated attempts to
initialize the modem have failed.

Consult the server trace logs for more information on what is happening.

/End Notification

I am a Linux novice and I have run into a wall in trying to troubleshoot
this.  Any fixes, recommendations, or next steps would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Isaac King

Systems Admin

Wizkids, LLC