[hcflinux] v.90 connection speeds, caller ID, and modem on hold.

tri baller akfunboy at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 03:21:15 EST 2004

Hello all,

I read most of the archived mail but still have a few
question regarding, v.90 connection speeds, caller ID,
and modem on hold.

So I gather a v90 connection can be at any speed.
Correct?
How do you tell what speed and v90 or v92 you
connected at?
Does caller ID work with this modem?  Are there
programs that pop up on the screen who is calling?
What is modem on hold?
Whats is it called when the modem doesn't hold the
line?  I mean you get a incoming call while using
modem and modem hangs up to let the call through.

Thanks for reading,
brant