[hcflinux] hcfusb gentoo ppc compile and usb-id

Niklas Werner bergtroll at gmx.li
Thu Jun 10 12:56:44 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:46, Linuxant support (Jonathan) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank you for the information your have provided in your post. We are
> currently aware of problems with the HCF USB driver on the 2.6.6 kernel
> and we are currently working on it. We will contact you back when a fix
> will be available.
>
> Meanwhile, you could downgrade your Linux kernel to be able to use the
> driver.

Errm, sorry, but _no_ 2.6.* version has ever worked for me with your
drivers. (OK, admittedly I didn't try all combinations, just the ones
available at the same time). It took a while to figure out that you
actually put a "nice modprobe" into devfsd.conf which was the reason the
driver hogged up my system more than once. I recommend using "MODLOAD
action /dev/...".

And downgrading the kernel is not possible due to firewire and other
issues.

Cheers,

Niklas